Saturday, December 25, 2010

A White Christmas 2010


Well today was Bella's very first Christmas. It was a bittersweet day, because it was our first Christmas without my dad. He always worked very hard to make sure every Christmas was special for us. I thought of this as we watched the snow cover the ground and give us a white Christmas for the first time (that I can remember). I know it was his way of making sure his granddaughter had a very special first Christmas!

Bella certainly did have a special day! Santa brought her very first phone, and it is even pink! She also got all kinds of new toys and fun new outfits, which mommy can't wait to try on her! Nana gave her a snugly new baby doll, and precious outfit. Grandma and Papaw gave her a brand new wagon, that I know she can't wait to ride in when it gets warmer :). Oh and I also can't forget about her special Christmas tutu that she wore today! It was quite possibly the cutest thing in the world!

As much as I enjoyed seeing Bella play with all of her toys, the best part of my day was seeing her excitement as she played with her cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. She was happy to just have someone to talk to. I received a picture frame from one of my students this year, and around the frame it says, "The best things in life aren't things." This is definitely a quote that rings true! We are blessed to have such a fabulous family and wonderful friends. I hope everyone of you had a Merry Christmas, just as we did!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment